Product DescriptionThis wooden peg puzzle includes a piece for each of the 27 letters in the Spanish alphabet. Beneath each sturdy wooden piece is a colorful picture representing the letter and a label spelling out the Spanish word. It’s an engaging way to reinforce or introduce Spanish vocabulary, as well as letter recognition and pre-reading skills . . . and it’s lots of fun, too! Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Remove all the pieces from the puzzle board and arrange them in alphabetical order. Say all the letters aloud in Spanish, then say all the letters aloud in English.
- Encourage the child to identify all the letters in his or her name.
- Use the letter pieces to spell out simple words, such as “cat/gato” and “sun/sol.”
- With the puzzle pieces removed, look at the pictures on the puzzle board and ask the child to identify them in Spanish.
- Talk about the difference between vowels and consonants. Ask the child to place all the vowels in the puzzle board first, then to place all the consonants.